Sunday, July 08, 2007

My Inner Troll

Good News!

I think I've got my inner troll tranquilized. Nothing wakes him up like Mondays, though (it's Sunday as I write this), so I don't want to make any firm commitments until then. To any of you reading this that have had to put up with my BS in person, I apologize for inflicting my bad attitude upon you.

Just remember, "If nothing changes, nothing changes." My motivation for haunting the "fitness center" had faded dramatically during the period of my infirmity, and the last two sessions I was really pumping bad vibes at Mistress Amber, who has been helping me get fitter. In penance, I have increased my efforts to be diligent in following her suggestions (even when she's not around) so that she can get some satisfaction in seeing me improve.

My vacation & money budget for 2007 is pretty much spent, and the outlook for 2008 is very much up in the air right now, as some of you know. My dive shop recently started teaching more NAUI courses than PADI courses, and I'm particularly interested in taking the NAUI divemaster class. That is the first in the series of "professional" level courses, and it would qualify me to conduct "Discover SCUBA" sessions, assist in instruction, and lead dive trips. It carries with it a lot more responsibility, but the training I'd receive would be extremely valuable (and very enjoyable). However, I'm already working and studying a bunch of other stuff and I don't really have time to spend on it, so it's one of those "if only. . . ." goals I'll try and achieve some day.

My final note for the day: I have decided to limit my use of the word "douchebag" to refer to politicians. I know you were concerned about this.

No comments: