Monday, October 29, 2007

The Verdict

I just met with Mistress Amber, and God bless her it looks like all the abuse she put me through has paid off. I lost a total of 17 lbs (7%) and reduced my body fat percentage by 11%. My belly shrunk by 16%.

Lest you think that's a measly loss for six months of work, remember that I didn't care about weight loss when I started: I was only interested in stamina and upper body strength, and Mistress Amber designed my program to achieve these goals. The fat loss was simply a side effect, and something that's easy to measure. Regretfully I don't have hard data on stamina or strength. Subjectively I know that I can go longer and faster on the cardio equipment than when I started and that she's been able to add more weight to each exercise.

Also, I must confess that I've not exhibited a lot of discipline in the cardio department. She said that I would have seen more improvement had I been more consistent in doing it. As I said, I've seen some improvement. I may not be able to determine how (or whether) the work I've been doing has had any impact on my diving. Since I've been doing SOMETHING I have to assume that it will be better than having done NOTHING.

No comments: