Thursday, November 08, 2007

Leaving Galapagos

Well, we are back at the Baltra airport with a couple of hours until our flight leaves. I will try to post again when we get to Quito tonight because I bought an 18 minute internet card and time is ticking away.

All but two or three of the passengers ended up with nasty respiratory infections, but everyone snagged antibiotics and kicked it. Hopefully I will be almost well by the time I get home.

I did a total of 16 dives over the week, and saw many many sharks. I got to swim very close to two huge whale sharks and we were almost continuously surrounded by Galapagos and hammerhead sharks. I got a few good pictures, but suffered with technical problems most of the trip.

Other than that, all's well -- I did end up with a few good pictures and some wonderful memories! I also got some great ideas for new scuba equipment I want to buy!

No comments: