Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A Few Galapagos Pictures

I know I've been a blog-slacker. Sorry 'bout that.

Here are a few small pics from Galapagos. The amazing thing about the land wildlife was how close you could get to them. Many of them had no fear of humans. Check this out:

This is a sleepy sea lion pup sunning himself on the path.















Here is a land iguana that let me get up-close-and-personal:















The marine creatures were more circumspect. They were curious, but basically behaved the same way they do everywhere else. Way up north at Darwin Island, this hammerhead shark gave me a fly-by:















Here's a shot of a Galapagos shark that came in to check me out:




















And finally, the monster we'd all hoped to see:



A 50 ft. whale shark (one of nine we saw this trip)!

No comments: