Sunday, May 27, 2007

Diving Cozumel

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to post anything. As predicted, it's not been simple to connect to the net for anything but email.

The trip they set up is run by FunJet vacations, who chartered the AeroMexico flight and set us up in the all-inclusive Cozumel Palace hotel. If you're into unlimited food, drink, and enterainment, it's a good deal. It seems like many tourists are divers, but the pools have been full of people (mostly 20-somethings), a few families, very few kids. It's not the cheapest place to stay, so the clientele is a little better.

Friday's first dive was great. I saw all kinds of fish, and they didn't bolt as I approached, so I was looking forward to bringing my camera on the second dive. Of course, when I did have my camera I didn't see much and the fish were not as cooperative. Visibility was good (75ft or so, water temp was around 82), but it was better than the Gulf of Mexico.

There were no more dives on Friday.

I'll post a summary of Saurday's activities tomorrow.

No comments: