Monday, May 28, 2007

Oops, Sunny Skies!

Sorry, you'll just have to be jealous. When our boat (the Nuria) came to pick us up at 12:30, the rain had pretty much subsided.

It took us over an hour to get to our first dive site, Palancar Gardens. The dive was interesting, but I got in trouble again for getting so engrossed in exploring caves in the coral formations that I fell behind the group and my buddy had to come back and search for me. Poor form. In fact, he pointed into one cave, and what I saw was the biggest scrawled filefish I'd ever seen. I completely missed the huge stone crab (its body was a foot in diameter, at least) clinging to the wall by my head, which is what he wanted me to see.

I bought a very sexy bandana/do-rag that I saw in the hotel's dive shop, and of course my buddy had to get one too. Later, I bought another that said "Cozumel." They're great for keeping my bald spot from getting sunburned.

I saw a beautiful hawksbill sea turtle, a spotted drum, a green moray eel (most of the eels I've seen have been spotted morays), and some people even saw another nurse shark on the bottom.

My camera battery died right before I saw the turtle (it's always something).

I got my first professional massage today. I was late, but they did what they could with her tight schedule. I'm falling asleep and need to get up early

No comments: