Thursday, May 24, 2007

Eve of departure

Tomorrow I'm leaving for my first trip to dive Cozumel, Mexico.  It seems like everyone else I know has dived there many times, but this is my first.  There are strong currents, so it's a drift dive (they drop you in the water, you float with the current, then they pick you up when you surface).
 
My friend, Andy, the SOB who strapped on my first BC and got me totally hooked on diving, said I needed to be very careful.  Apparently, the water's so clear you can't determine how deep you are without your gauges and you can easily go below safe depths.
 
I understand our hotel has wireless internet access, so I'll try and make a few posts while I'm there (and maybe even a pic or two), but if you remember Australia, I had nothing but trouble with blogging from the road via email.  We'll see how it goes.
 
Up at four, liftoff at seven, under water after lunch!  Buen fin de semana!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck adn Have a ton of fun!!