Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Dracula's and Driving

Well, it's Thursday morning, and we're girding our loins for the drive down to Phillip Island this afternoon.

Last night we attended a dinner show at a cabaret called "Dracula's" on Victoria street on the North side of the CBD. If you're in Melbourne, I strongly recommend catching this show. The cast was talented and funny and, believe it or not, the food was excellent! I had the vegetarian curry, which was some of the best I've had, and April had Lamb Noisettes which she also liked.

A few more comments on the Aussie culture: Walking about in town, you see a LOT of young people in Melbourne. Teenagers, kids in school uniforms, young 20-somethings working, studying, or backpacking through town. I chatted up a Canadian girl working at Starbucks who was here for several months just travelling around. It makes me wish I was younger and was used to a lower standard of living. Of course, if that were the case I wouldn't have been able to afford the airline ticket to get here, so the point's pretty much moot.

I hope someone's actually reading this -- I'd hate to be doing this for nothing.

Regretfully, it hasn't been possible for me to get pictures from my camera to the Internet, so you're pretty much dependent on my scrawlings for a little while. When we get to Phillip Island I should have access to a more secure, fast connection and will try to upload more then.

My time at this computer is almost up, so I'll sign off. Mwah!

No comments: