Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Safe Return from Sea!

I'm pleased to report that we've survived our dive trip. I did 10 dives over the three days, including two night dives and one drift dive. As expected, the wildlife was fantastic and the colors were truly indescribable. I've honestly never seen such colors on land, anywhere.

We didn't have any seasickness, even though we were buffetted by 30 knot winds for most of the trip.

We met some great people from Sydney, California, and Brasil, and there was a large contingent of Russian tourists on board that didn't speak English. The Mike Ball staff are outstanding -- I recommend them if you're diving the Great Barrier Reef or Papua New Guinea.

I got DVDs of the general trip plus one of my own dives, so there will be some great stuff to see when we get back.

Right now, I'm back in the Internet cafe at the Cairns Colonial Club about to board a shuttle to pick up a rental car. We're driving up north to Cape Tribulation, deep in the Daintree rainforest.

More soon.

Kevin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Jacques Cousteau, sounds like an awesome time. Glad everyone got back safe without getting all nitrogen-narc'd out. And I hope you're bringing us all very expensive souvenirs.

Anonymous said...

Kevin,
Brenda wants to know if you've ever worked in an igloo????

KevDiver said...

Jacques' off today and I'm filling in. Some people are getting expensive souvenirs and others are getting roo-poo. Guess who's getting what. . . .

Nope, haven't worked in an igloo. Yet. Judging by the slow degradation in working spaces through my career, though, it's only a matter of time.